A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
What will be your path, Wanderer?
The Wanderer wakes up in the First Realm, he finds it fading away, being torn apart and consumed by The Degradation. A spectral form, his only guide, whispers to him: “They are waiting for you in the center of all realities.”
But The Wanderer doesn't have memories or a voice of his own. The only thing he can do is wander, explore the First Realm in search for one of the Primeval Hearts, the key to reach his goal, and in his way maybe he will find answers about himself and about what is menacing all the Realms. But a great power is pounding inside of him, The Wanderer will soon discover that he is capable of amazing feats.
The Wanderer is able to extract The Essences, the ideas that shape the reality of the First Realm and its inhabitants, store them and mix them to forge special items that will help him through the adventure, and if something goes wrong, he may use the Memento Mori to reset the day and learn from his mistakes.
But be warned! This day is the last day of The First Realm, The Wanderer must be ready before confronting the End of the Tangle of Realms and a lot of paths will open in front of him, a lot of choices. You will be his conscience, the end of this story depends on you. The story about all of us.
- A point & click adventure game with a pixel-art open world, a vivid realm where time flows and weather changes, with living fauna and flora, a world that refuses to die.
- Surreal characters and environments. Freedom to explore and take different paths and choices. Use "The Memento Mori" to reset the day and try again, without losing your items thanks to the use of the "Eternal Vaults".
- A universe based on Plato's Theory of Forms, where reality is made from ideas (essences).
- Sound and music are an essential part of the core mechanics. Lots of musical puzzles and symbolism, where poetry and riddles are a constant.
- Item crafting mechanics thanks to the "Essences Forge": Extract essences from environmental elements and NPC around you and use them to create special items.
- Plot and dialogues with different levels of depth and meaning.
|Tags||2D, Fantasy, Multiple Endings, Narrative, Open World, Pixel Art, Point & Click, Story Rich|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||English, Spanish; Castilian|
Just unzip the file and execute Therefore.exe on Windows or Therefore on Linux.
Note: Do not unpack on previous versions
- Intel Core i3 (3rd generation) or AMD equivalent
- 4GB RAM